Sunday, March 29, 2009

THE KILL CALL COUNTDOWN - DAY 4

Thanks to Sharlene of Toronto, who has emailed to tell me that HarperCollins Canada are now giving April 17th as their publication date for the THE KILL CALL. Amazon Canada agree with them - though Chapters Indigo still say it's May 15th. We shall see...

No doubt here in the UK, though, where there are definitely just four days to go! I'll be out and about as usual, meeting readers and signing copies of the new book. This year, my 'launch' signing will actually be in the Peak District. Sounds logical - but I think this is actually the first time it's happened!

The location will be Scarthin Books, in Cromford, which has the honour of being mentioned in SCARED TO LIVE as the "quirky little bookshop" where Ben Cooper is tempted to call in for a slice of homity pie. "Quirky" is definitely the word for Scarthin Books, and I dfon't think owners Dave and Clare would disagree. Their own slogan is "Britain's most enjoyable bookshop".

I'll be at Scarthin Books on Saturday 4th April, between 2 and 4pm. Naturally, I'd be delighted to see you at Cromford. You can also order a signed copy online or by calling 01629 823272.

Following my policy of supporting independent bookshops whenever possible, my second signing for THE KILL CALL will be at another local store, Bookworm in Retford, Nottinghamshire, on Saturday 10th April (10am to 12 noon). Again, owners Paul and Angerla will be happy to take your orders for signed copies in advance. They tell me they are also happy to take overseas orders. Contact them by email at sales@bookworm-online.co.uk - or you can phone with your credit card card details on 01777 869224 (+44 1777 869224 from outside the UK).

Later on, I have a number of festivals and library events to attend. Keep up to date with the latest news of events on the Stephen Booth website.

No comments:

Post a Comment